Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Katy Perry and Tanks

Can I just state that I´m not enjoying this new blogger format?

Bit of a boring day today, and probably will be tomorrow. My Ethnic Conflict class is cancelled for this week, so I have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday off. Due to loud, obnoxious construction on my road (honestly, the sidewalks were fine before you guys came), I was naturally awoken at the crack of dawn on my day off.

I hung out with Sabine and Christophe (my program directors) for a couple of hours and watched funny youtube videos (check out Remi Gaillard). Then my housemate Jamie woke up (at noon, poor dear) and we went exploring.

What is up with the weather here? It´s cold, then it´s hot, then it´s raining, then it´s burning my skin. It´s like a bad Katy Perry song.

We ended up going to the Cinquantenaire Park to see the beautiful arches. I got out my camera to take pictures, but realized that I left the battery charging at home. Oops. The Museum of Military History is located in the Cinquantenaire Park and is free, so we spent about two hours in there. It´s really, really interesting, especially if you like looking at medieval weapons and Nazi uniforms. There´s also aircraft that you can go into and a large collection of tanks. It does take a long time to go through, and all the explanations are in either French or German, but if you´re into things like that, then I recommend going.

Back at the office, as my computer still hasn´t gone through customs. I´m hoping tomorrow...tomorrow...positive thoughts, peeps.

A quick synopsis of the next few days of my life, in case I don´t get to get on facebook or blogger: Thursday, European Commission; Friday, Royal Museum of Natural Sciences; Saturday, trip to Bruges; Sunday, flea market (hey, it´s a big thing here); Monday, national holiday, trip to Antwerp.


(Awesome moment of the week:
We are not fed dinner on weekends at my home-stay, so Kristen and I decided to go scouting for places to eat on Sunday night. We found a little friterie, and walked in. It was a long line, so we figured it was good. The guy in front of me, I swear to god, looked like Hayden Christianson. It got me so confused that I didn´t realize I was staring openly at the person trying to figure out if it was the actor or not. The poor guy looked obviously uncomfortable. Anyways, we got up to the counter and I ordered completely in French [Je voudrais une frites avec sauces d'andolouse, s'il vous plait.] He looked at me and said "You want small or large?" Well, thanks, guy, for making me realize how terrible my American accent is)

No comments:

Post a Comment