Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Erin is a bloody coward

First off, let me say YAY I HAVE A COMPUTER.

Second, I got caught in some GreenPeace protest, which was uncomfortable.

So I had to pick up my computer from the post office, which was a bit of a pain to get to. I had to take a bus about a mile down the road, and then walk to it. Today, being a typical Brussels day, was unpredictably windy and cold and the post office was closed for another half hour. I finally got my package, and hopped on a bus that I thought would take me back to the metro.
Before I go into the events that transpired, I would like to note that I've got a strong fight-or-flight sense and that I usually choose flight. I also have a good sense of humor, and my favorite genre is Erin-humor in which I make fun of myself

I was the only one on this bus, and I settled down and closed my eyes. Two minutes later, the bus' engine turned off. I'm on a secluded road, the only one on the bus with a fairly large male bus driver. My internal monologue went a bit like this:

Oh my god, I'm going to die. I'm going to be murdered and probably raped before hand. I think I might have given a friendly smile, oh Jesus, that's what happened and now this European thinks I'm easy and I'm going to get raped and oh god, it's going to be so expensive to ship my body back to America and I probably won't have a body after this, he'll cut me up and throw me in a river, my body will never be found, my poor mother, my poor brother, my poor family, oh my GOD I'm going to die, but first I'll  be raped, ok, there's an emergency exit over on that window, if the man gets out of his seat, I'm running towards it and jumping out, oh, but he's bigger, he can probably get to me fast, and I'm going to be raped and murdered and chopped up, hey, there's a cute dog, no, Erin, concentrate, ok, if he gets me, I'm going to try to spread as much blood as possible so they can find my DNA, but there's like a million of these buses, are they going to swipe every one to check for a missing girl's DNA, no, they're not, there will be no justice, oh thank God, another woman is getting on, why are we still stopped in the middle of nowhere? Ok, he'll find her more attractive or weaker or whatever, and I'll escape. But I can't just let her stay behind, but I have to get help or we'll both get murdered and raped and chopped up, oh my god, the engine is starting. Oh. He was eating a sandwich. Hey, look, a nun!

 At least I had a plan...

1 comment: