Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

:(

Less than three weeks in Belgium. I'm not ready to return. I feel like I've just now transitioned into European society and it feels amazing to actually know what I'm doing.

People are actually responding to me in French when I order in restaurants and I've learned to stave off creepers on the metro.
Yeah, there's things I can't wait to do when I return. Speak English, eat pizza, feel thin amongst fat Americans, etc, etc. I'm not looking forward to reverse culture shock, though, or preservatives in my food. I'm going to miss speaking French (oh, Erin, you hypocrite) and eating amazing things you can't get anywhere else. And being half an hour from almost every major city in Europe. And I'm going to miss my host-family terribly. And chocolate. And when i get back to 90-100 degree weather, I'll probably miss the cold and the damp, too.

I am getting rather sick of my wardrobe, so it'll be nice to wear other things. And I'll be able to wear a tank top in public without getting checked out by creepers on the metro or glared at by old women. Not to mention skirts that go above my knees. And flip-flops. I miss flip-flops so much. Have I mentioned pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment